Share Offer and Acceptance Process For an Individual Shareholder
Your account must be linked to at least one company to view the Dashboard.
Your account must be linked to two or more companies to view the Companies page.
Your account must be the company secretary of the company to offer shares.
Note that if you wish to record the historical share price, we recommend doing this before inviting shareholders and issuing shares. Otherwise, shareholders will be notified for the recording of each price via email and push notification to mobile.
How to Offer and Issue Shares to an Individual Shareholder
- Navigate to Companies (or to Dashboard, if there is no Companies button).
- Select the company that you wish to make a share offer from.
- Click the Admin tab.
- Click the dropdown Shares tab.Note that you are able to track the progress of share offers under Pending Share Offers at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down to Offer Shares.
- Click on the drop-down list below entity and select the option to invite a new individual shareholder.
- The form will update, allowing you to enter the new shareholder’s details. Note that if the shareholder does not have an existing myStake account, then they will be sent an email to join myStake. Once they register their account they will be linked to your organisation as a shareholder on the platform.
- Click Send Offer to send the share offer to the shareholder. Note that you are able to cancel share offers under Pending Share Offers.
- You will be notified when the shareholder accepts the share offer and their status under Pending Share Offers will change to awaiting payment.Note that an asterisk will appear next to the Admin button when there are actions pending.
- The shareholder will now need to transfer funds as per the share offer, and advise you once complete.
- Once you have confirmed the payment click Confirm Payment under Pending Share Offers.
- This will change the status, allowing you to assign signers such as directors by clicking Assign Signers.
- Here you will be able to select signers within your organisation to sign the share certificate.Note that you will be required to log in with DocuSign if you have DocuSign enabled. This can be toggled in the company's Settings tab.
- Click Add Signer to appoint signers to the share certificate.
- Signers will be notified that they are required to sign the share certificate. Note that you are able to change signers during this time under Pending Share Offers.
- Once the share certificate has been signed the status will update under Pending Share Offers.
- Click Issue Shares to issue the shares to the shareholder.