Share Offer and Acceptance Process For a Trust Shareholder
Your account must be linked to at least one company to view the dashboard.
Your account must be linked to two or more companies to view the Companies page.
Your account must be the company secretary of the company to offer shares.
Note that if you wish to record the historical share price, we recommend doing this before inviting shareholders and issuing shares. Otherwise, shareholders will be notified for the recording of each price via email and push notification to mobile.
How to Offer and Issue Shares to a Trust Shareholder
- Navigate to Companies (or to Dashboard, if there is no Companies button).
- Select the company that you wish to make a share offer from.
- Click the Admin tab.
- Click the dropdown Shares tab.Note that you are able to track the progress of share offers under Pending Share Offers at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down to Offer Shares.
- Click on the drop-down list below Entity and select the option to Invite a New Trust Shareholder.
- The form will update, allowing you to enter the required details. Note that the trustee type can be set as either a user or a company, and changing the type will alter the required fields that need to be filled out.
- Click the Send Offer button to send the share offer.
- You will be notified when the share offer has been accepted, since the status of the entity under Pending Share Offers will change to awaiting payment.Note that you are able to cancel share offers under Pending Share Offers.
- The trust will now need to transfer funds as per the share offer, and advise you once complete.
- Once you have confirmed the payment click Confirm Payment under Pending Share Offers.
- This will change the status, allowing you to assign signers such as directors by clicking the Assign Signers button.
- Here you will be able to select up to two signers within your organisation to sign the share certificate.
- Click the Add Signer button to appoint signers to the share certificate.Note that you will be required to log in with DocuSign if you have DocuSign enabled. This can be toggled in the company's Settings tab.
- Signers will be notified that they are required to sign the share certificate.Note that you are able to change signers during this time under Pending Share Offers.
- Once the share certificate has been signed the status will update under Pending Share Offers
- Click the Issue Shares button to issue the shares to the shareholder.